C all for Paper
A pplying Research into Reality
As part of InsurByte’s efforts to foster a culture of innovating and tinkering with Insurance Technology, this “Call for Paper” platform is established for individuals, startups, companies and government agencies to submit topics which they can share knowledge, experience and vision about, to the attending delegates of InsurByte 2019.
P aper Submission
The chosen papers will get the opportunity to share their research in InsurByte 2019. We invite you to submit the paper via the submission tab below.
I mportant Dates
Call for Paper opens: February 30th, 2019
Call for Paper closes: April 15th, 2019
Notifications to Authors Start: Within five working days
**Terms are subject to change
All applicants must read and agree to the Call for Paper Submission Requirements prior to making a submission. All submissions must be received on or before To be announced.
T erms & Conditions
1. The original author(s) of a presentation must submit for the "Call for Paper". Third parties such as PR firms or speaker representatives may not submit materials on behalf of a potential speaker team.
2. InsurByte does not accept product or vendor-related pitches. If your presentation is a thinly veiled advertisement for a product or service your company is offering, please do not submit.
3. InsurByte’s selection process is competitive. Members of the InsurByte team will review each submission. Submissions should clearly detail the concepts, ideas, findings, and solutions a researcher or speaking team plans to present.
4. Submissions that highlight new research & implementations of Insurance Technology are highly recommended and will be given priority.
5. Submissions that includes white papers will also be given priority.
6. Each submission must include detailed bibliographies acknowledging prior work in the space.
7. Individuals submitting a proposal will receive a “Your submission for InsurByte 2018 has been received” email notification within 48-72 hours of receipt of the submission. After selections have been completed, all submitters will receive an email confirmation of acceptance or rejection.
8. Speakers will be contacted directly if InsurByte team have any questions about a submission.
9. If you have any questions regarding your submission, please email them to info@bahrainfintechbay. InsurByte requests that submitters (and members of a speaking team) do not contact InsurByte team directly regarding a submission.
1. InsurByte requires that submitted work has not been previously published elsewhere, or if it has, that Speakers have obtained permission for its publication by InsurByte and will promptly supply wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner.
2. InsurByte advises all Speakers to create session titles that describes the session’s deliverable – what an attendee will learn by attending a session.
3. Attendees expect to receive a copy of your presentation, a white paper supporting your work, RFC’s, and tools/code (if applicable). All presentation slides and white papers are due no later than TBD. Presentations and white papers should reference the tool(s), law(s), website(s), or publication(s) mentioned. A bibliography will greatly help attendees who wish to learn more about your subject, but are not sure where to start.
4. Attendees expect to see Speakers deliver professional, polished presentations. InsurByte strongly recommends that all Speakers rehearse their presentation multiple times in front of another person(s).
5. InsurByte expects Speakers to be available throughout the event to meet and talk with attendees. Attendees want to meet the Speakers and ask questions. Please advise conference management of time constraints when submitting your materials.
By submitting paper, speakers understand and agree to the Official Terms as detailed in this section and subsequent sections of this document.
1. By speaking at a InsurByte conference, you grant InsurByte permission to record, reproduce, distribute, advertise, and show your presentation including but not limited to blockcon.co, conference proceedings and materials, audio, video, printed and/or electronic ads, fliers, mailers, etc.
2. Full conference passes are given only to those who actively participate as Speakers on accepted presentations.
1. Conference passes are non-transferable.
2. Co-workers, PR representatives, press, spouses, friends etc. must register and pay the appropriate fees.
3. InsurByte will provide one projector, one screen, one wired Ethernet connection and one wired microphone (if applicable) for the onsite presentation.
1. Speakers are responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including laptops and machines for their presentation.
4. If the presentation is deemed to be a work of plagiarism or a blatant vendor pitch, InsurByte may revoke the Speaker’s honorarium and the Speaker will not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
5. Part of speaking at InsurByte requires an understanding that our Speakers represent the brand and the InsurByte community. All participants must work together to provide value to their fellow attendees, Speakers, and corporate sponsors, as well as staff at the show. Please act accordingly.
6. InsurByte reserves the right to change scheduled speaking times as necessary. While every effort will be made to honor assigned times, Speakers may be called upon to present at any time during the conference.
7. InsurByte reserves the right to rescind an accepted submission without reason.